(no subject)
Aug. 24th, 2009 02:16 pmCan someone explain what "My Guests" is and why I might want to use it?
I keep clicking on "Remind Me Later."
Is it as intrusive as I think it is?
eta: I have chosen to opt out. It just feels too big brother-ish.
I keep clicking on "Remind Me Later."
Is it as intrusive as I think it is?
eta: I have chosen to opt out. It just feels too big brother-ish.
no subject
Date: 2009-08-24 06:49 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-08-24 08:20 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-08-24 09:19 pm (UTC)So...if you opt in and people on your flist opt out, it's essentially useless to see whose been visiting your pages. I don't like the whole idea anyway, so I've also been doing "remind me later" to see what others think, though I'm leaning towards opt out.
What confuses me, though, is...um...can't the smart people already tell whose been visiting their pages and from where? When I used to have my crappy Geocities and Angelfire sites a zillion years ago, even then I could check and see who had been visiting my sites and where they got the link. I assumed there was a way to do that with every site, even if I don't know what it is.
OTOH, it just seems weird to add this type of feature to LJ. I guess then you'd know if people read your posts on their flist (assuming everyone opts in) or actually open them up and read the whole post--especially if you have stuff behind a cut. I think I'd find the whole thing depressing, because I think most of my flist filters me out or at least don't read most of my posts. And...I don't care too much, really, but to actually have proof of that? LOL Too depressing. :-)
I actually prefer the olden days when I didn't know if people defriended me either. *g*